To book the Roman Gem apartment on-line, a 50% payment is required at the time of reservation with any remaining balance due at least 30 days prior to check-in.
The 200.00€ security deposit will be due by credit card authorization at the time of arrival. The credit card authorization will be released within 48 hours after check-out less any reserves for damages, lost/stolen keys and/or lock-out service.
At the time of booking, the guest will be notified of all costs associated with the reservation. The Rome City Tax (3,50€ per person aged 11&up per day) is paid separately from the costs of your stay and is not included in the listed reservation total. The city tax will be assessed and paid in cash (Euros) at check-in.
Prices include air conditioning, heating, gas, electricity, water, WiFi Internet and basic household supplies. (Please note that we comply with local and European laws governing the use of air-conditioning and heating and our guests are asked to do the same.) Household supplies include one shower towel and hand towel per guest for the stay and an INITIAL supply of shower gel, shampoo, hand soap, dish soap and one roll toilet paper per guest. These supplies are not replaced during the stay. Guests are free to use other items in the kitchen that may have been left by other guests such as coffee, paper towels, salt, oil, etc.
The final cleaning price is included in the reservation total, but doesn't include trash removal or dish washing. Mid-Stay cleaning with linen and towel change can be arranged for longer stays and at a surcharge.
Use of an available sofa bed, a baby crib, extra towels and/or linens may have an extra price (and only if available) and must be requested and confirmed prior to the arrival date. The cost of extra items requested after the initial reservation has been made are to be paid in cash (Euros) upon arrival at the apartment.
We strongly recommend the guest buy travel insurance at the time of booking to compensate in the event of cancellation or of a loss or illness while travelling.
- In case of cancellation more than 60 days prior to arrival, 100% of the rental fee will be reimbursed to the guest.
- In case of cancellation more than 30 days before arrival but less than 60 days, 50% of the rental fee will be retained as penalty.
- In the event of a cancellation less than 30 days before arrival 100% of the rental fee will be retained as penalty.
- Failure to pay any remaining balance due at least 30 days prior to arrival may result in an automatic cancellation of the reservation and all prepaid reservation expenses will be retained as penalty.
- A guest may modify a confirmed reservation free of charge up to 30 days prior to arrival. All modifications must be approved by Home in Rome and/or the property owner based on availability for the same originally booked apartment.
A reservation is considered to be cancelled by the guest upon confirmed receipt of an email to email@example.com and must be received by midnight local time in Rome at least 30 days prior to the check-in date to receive a partial refund.
In the event, the Owner of the property must cancel a reservation, the guest will receive alternative options. If an alternative option is not available or is unacceptable, the guest will receive of full refund of any payments paid.
Arrival and Departure
Since you have rented an apartment located in a private building, there is no on-site 24-hour reception rather a check-in appointment is necessary to receive keys. A complimentary check-in appointment can be scheduled between 15:00 and 20:00 as indicated on the property page and check-out time is no later than 10:00 on the day of departure. Failure to vacate the property by the standard check-out time without prior consent will result in an automatic extra night charge. We will try to accommodate your earlier arrival and later departure based on availability and at a surcharge. All check-
in appointments after 20:00, will incur a late check-in fee between €25,00 and €50,00 depending upon the apartment selected and the time of arrival. The complimentary check-in time is provided on the property page. Please note that we do not accommodate arrivals after midnight.
Based on your arrival details, including flight or train number, which must be provided no less than 5 days prior to arrival, you will be provided a designated check-in appointment directly at the apartment. As a rule of thumb, from the airport, clients arriving by taxi or in private transfer, will be provided a designated appointment time one hour and a half after their scheduled airport arrival while clients arriving in public transportation (train or shuttle bus) will be provided a designated check-in appointment two and a half hours from the scheduled airport arrival time. Please respect your appointment provided as it has been organized based on availability and other guest arrivals.
It is the guest's responsibility to update the check-in staff of any delays including changes in airport arrival time, luggage claim problems, transportation issues, etc. Failure to provide at least one hour notice of any delays will result in an additional check-in charge of 25,00€ and the guest must contact the check-in staff directly to reschedule the check-in appointment. A few days prior to the guest's arrival, the guest will receive a check-in reminder with all the details and contact information for the appointment.
Guests may request luggage storage at the apartment based on availability. Extra charges will apply. Alternatively, upon request, we will provide luggage storage suggestions near the apartment.
Specific Rules and Disclaimers
- All guests expressly assume the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises. The owner and/or company take no responsibility.
- The number of actual guests shall not exceed the number of guests stated in the reservation.
- The apartment is located in a private building. Guests should be respectful of the neighbors at all times especially between the hours of 23:00 and 08:00.
- The property and all its furnishings and appliances, including property keys, should be kept in good order and used as intended only. The replacement cost of damaged items or lost/stolen keys are the sole responsibility of the guest.
- Smoking is prohibited and pets are not allowed.
- There is no dedicated parking at the apartment. There are pay parking garages and pay parking spots located near each apartment.
- There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit for your stay as previously stated, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the apartment or to be washed. All rubbish must be removed from the property and dirty dishes must be washed prior to check-out.
Home in Rome Srl (www.romefortheholidays.com) is a marketing firm that provides an online platform for travelers to book properties in Italy. The company, its members, and its managers take no responsibility for personal loss or accidents that may occur while staying at the property. Any disputes shall be mediated between the property owner and the guest. Again, travel insurance is highly recommended to compensate for any personal loss or accidents while on holiday.